- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the caramelised walnuts
- 100 g walnut halves
- icing sugar, for dusting
For the brownies
- 185 g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 185 g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 3 large eggs
- 240 g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 110 g plain flour
- 100 g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 100 g milk chocolate, cut into small chunks
- glug whisky
For the whisky cream
- 300 ml double cream
- 4 tbsp whisky
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- vanilla pods, seeds only
1. For the caramelised walnuts: dust the walnut halves in the icing sugar and place into a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Cook, shaking the pan occasionally, until the walnuts are golden-brown and caramelised. Remove from the heat and transfer the walnuts to a chilled, lined tray to cool.
2. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Grease six ovenproof blini pans and dust with icing sugar.
3. For the brownies: place the dark chocolate and butter in a heavy-based pan and melt over a medium-low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
4. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar and vanilla until pale and fluffy. Fold in the cooled chocolate mixture.
5. Mix the flour and walnuts together, then fold into the chocolate mixture along with the chunks of milk chocolate until just combined. Divide the mixture evenly among the prepared blini pans, then bake for 15-20 minutes, or until firm on top but still gooey in the middle.
6. Remove from the oven and immediately drizzle with whisky. Set aside.
7. For the whisky cream: whisk the double cream, vanilla seeds, icing sugar and whisky together until soft peaks form.
8. Serve the brownies in the pan with a quenelle of whipped cream on top of each and the caramelised walnuts sprinkled on top.
Rate This Recipe