- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 litres vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus a drizzle to serve
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 200 g waxy potatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 250 g watercress, washed
- small handful spinach leaves
- 10 fresh oysters
- crème fraîche
- sprig chervil or watercress, to garnish
1. Bring the stock to the boil.
2. Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Soften the shallot and potatoes for 5-7 minutes but do not allow them to colour. Pour in the stock and bring to a rolling boil.
3. Drop in the watercress and spinach and as soon as the leaves wilt, remove the pan from the heat.
4. Transfer the leaves and potatoes to a food processor and blend until smooth then gradually add the liquor until the soup becomes smooth and velvety.
5. Poach the oysters in their own juice for 2 minutes then remove with a slotted spoon.
6. Serve the soup in wide shallow bowls with the oysters and a spoonful of crème fraiche on top. Garnish with chervil or watercress and a drizzle of olive oil.
Rate This Recipe