- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 25 g butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1.2 ltr chicken stock
- 450 g Estima potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 bunches of watercress, chopped
- freshly grated nutmeg, (optional)
- black pepper
- 80 g stilton cheese
- 200 ml double cream
1. Heat the butter in a large heavy-based saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and fry gently, stirring, until softened, around 5 minutes, taking care not to let them brown.
2. Add the stock and potatoes and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
3. Add the watercress and nutmeg, if using. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
4. Blend the soup in a food processor, adding in the Stilton in batches, until smooth. Add the cream and blend.
5. Gently reheat the watercress soup, check the seasoning and serve.
Rate This Recipe