- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- A pinch of sugar
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
For the salad
- 2 bunches of watercress
- 3 heads of chicory, sliced into rounds
- 2 oranges, peeled (as for segmenting) and cut into horizontal slices
- 40 g walnut pieces
1. Either put all the dressing ingredients in a screw-top jar and shake well to mix, or whisk the vinegar with the sugar, salt and pepper and then gradually whisk in the oil. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
2. Wash and pick over the watercress and remove and damaged leaves. Tear into small pieces. Place in the serving platter / bowl. Scatter chicory, orange slices and walnuts and toss with the dressing just before serving.
Rate This Recipe