- Serves: Makes 12
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus cooling
- Effort: easy
For the cakes
- 125 g butter, softened
- 100 g white chocolate
- 200 g caster sugar
- 125 g milk
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 190 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
For the icing
- 1 packets fresh raspberry fondant icing, (see Cook's Tips)
- 1 Swiss roulette chocolate curls, (see Cook's Tips)
- edible glitter, (see Cook's Tips)
Tips and Suggestions
Chocolate roulettes, fairy glitter and fruit flavoured fondant icing are available online at flossiecrums.com
You can make your own raspberry fondant icing by mixing regular fondant icing sugar with raspberry purée and a splash of water.
1. Ask a grown-up to turn on the oven to 180C/160C fan/ gas 4, then ask them to melt the first four ingredients in a saucepan.
2. Allow the mixture to cool for ten minutes, then mix this and the other cake ingredients together in a big bowl.
3. Spoon the cake mixture into 12 cupcake cases, place these into a fairy cake baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.
4. Ask a grown-up to take the cakes out of the oven and put them on a wire rack. While they are cooling, add water to the fondant icing following the instructions on the side of the packet. When the icing is lovely and smooth, spoon it onto the cupcakes.
5. To make the chocolate swirls, push down on the chocolate roulette using the handle of the chocolate swirl machine and turn it in a circle. If you dont have one of these machines in the kitchen, you could use chocolate flakes instead.
6. Sprinkle with edible fairy glitter to make the cakes magical!
Rate This Recipe