- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 5 minutes plus cooling
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 x 2.5 kg whole wild salmon, cleaned with head kept on
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, quartered
- mayonnaise, to serve
- 1 small bunches dill, to serve
- lemon wedges, to serve
1. Put the salmon in a fish kettle or large roasting tin. Pour over enough cold water to cover the fish. Add the onion, bay leaves, vinegar, lemon, a good pinch of salt and a few twists of black pepper.
2. Cover with a lid or tin foil and bring to the boil on the stove. Once boiling, turn off the heat and leave to stand in the water until cool. It will cook in the residual heat.
3. Carefully remove the salmon and transfer to a chopping board. Scrape off the skin and put onto a large flat serving dish. Serve with mayonnaise, dill and lemon wedges.
Rate This Recipe