- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 wild salmon steaks
- 6 shallots, finely chopped
- 400 ml white wine
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 litre whipping cream
- bunch flat leaf parsley, leaves only
- handful sorrel leaves, shredded
For the spinach
- olive oil, for frying
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- spinach, picked and washed
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
2. Heat a little olive oil in an ovenproof frying pan and add the salmon fillets skin-side down. Season with salt. Transfer to the oven and bake for 6-7 minutes until cooked through yet retaining a lovely blush.
3. Put the shallots, white wine and vinegar in a pan and bring to the boil. Simmer gently until the liquid has almost evaporated, then tip in the cream. Bring slowly to the boil then remove from the heat.
4. Pour the sauce into a blender with the parsley, blend until smooth then pass through a very fine sieve back into the pan. Bring back to boil and stir in the sorrel.
5. For the spinach: heat a little olive oil in a large pan and add the garlic, spinach, salt and pepper. Cook until wilted.
6. Serve the salmon with the spinach and the herb sauce.
Rate This Recipe