- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 wood pigeon, plucked and gutted
- black pepper
- olive oil, for shallow-frying
- small bunch of rosemary
- small bunch of lemon thyme
- 1 red chilli
- 5 cloves garlic, in their skins
- splash of red wine
1. Cut along the pigeon's breast bone and flatten it spatchcock-style. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the olive oil in a lidded, heavy-based frying pan. Add the pigeon and fry until browned on both sides.
3. Top the pigeon with the rosemary, lemon thyme, chilli and garlic. Cover the pan and cook for around 30 minutes.
4. Remove the pigeon, keeping warm, and add the red wine, stirring with a spatula to deglaze the pan.
5. Pour the pan juices over the pigeon and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe