- Serves: 2
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 5 globe artichokes
- black pepper
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 4 sprig thyme, finely chopped
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 400 g can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large courgette, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 5 whole eggs
1. Cook the artichokes in a large pan of boiling salted water with 1 tbsp vinegar added to it (which prevents the artichokes from discoluring) for 30 minutes. Prepare the artichokes by cutting away the leaves then cutting out the fibrous 'choke' using a small sharp knife, leaving you with five edible artichoke hearts. Slice the artichoke hearts.
2. Make a herb seasoning by mixing together the finely chopped thyme with a pinch of salt and a little freshly ground pepper.
3. Heat the olive oil in a 30cm heavy-based frying pan. Add in the onion and garlic and fry gently until softened.
4. At this stage add in the artichoke, cannellini beans and courgette. Cook gently for 3-4 minutes. Mix in thyme seasoning and remove the pan from direct heat, allowing its contents to cool slightly for 2-3 minutes.
5. Beat the eggs vigorously in a large mixing bowl. Add the warm, cooked vegetable mixture to the beaten eggs and fold together.
6. Return the pan to a very low heat and pour in the egg and vegetable mixture. Stir gently for 2 minutes.
7. Cook gently until just firm, around 10-15 minutes.
8. Place a large plate over the pan and flip over the frittata onto the plate. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Rate This Recipe