- Serves: Makes 2 x 25cm round pizzas
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Prep Time: 60 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 250g plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 175ml lukewarm water
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 7g of fast action yeast sachet
- 3 tbsp fine semolina
- 250g minced beef
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Asian pear, grated
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 100ml passata
- 1 tbsp gochujang
- 2 tsp of sugar
- 180g grated mozzarella cheese
- 120g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced
- ½ large red pepper, diced
- 60g kimchi, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced on an angle
1. Place the beef in a bowl and add the soy sauce, sesame oil, minced garlic and the grated Asian pear. Add sesame seeds and mix using a wooden spoon to combine the ingredients and break up the beef.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine flour, yeast and salt. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients with a wooden spoon and add olive oil and lukewarm water. Using a wooden spoon bring the ingredients together to form a rough dough. Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface and knead with the heel with your hand for 6-8 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic. Place in a bowl, cover with a damp tea towel or cling film and set aside for 50 minutes or until it has doubled in size.
3. In a separate bowl mix the ingredients together for the pizza sauce.
4. Place a large pizza stone in the oven and preheat the oven to 220C fan. Knock back the dough in the bowl and then turn out onto a floured surface and divide the dough into two pieces.
5. Roll out both dough bases into a 26cm rounds. Sprinkle two flat trays with a little semolina and place each round of dough on top. Shake the tray a little to make sure the dough isn’t stuck to the tray and can be easily transferred to the hot trays in the oven.
6. Spread a scant spoonful of sauce on each of the pizza bases. Sprinkle the mushrooms, peppers, chilli, kimchi and half of the spring onions over both pizza bases.
7. Break the mince up into little balls and scatter across both pizza bases. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top of both pizzas to finish.
8. Carefully shake each pizza onto the hot pizza stone in the oven. Cook for 12 minutes or until the dough is crispy and the mozzarella cheese is golden.
9. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with finely chopped spring onions and a drizzle of sesame oil. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe