- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 5 minutes to melt chocolate
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 chocolate fridge cake
- 350 g dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp demerara sugar
- 4 drops of peppermint essence
- 125 g small strawberries
- 75 g redcurrants
- fresh mint
- 75 g raspberries
- cocoa powder
- icing sugar
1. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water.
2. In a separate bowl combine the sugar and peppermint essence.
3. Add the melted chocolate and then spread the mixture evenly over a tray lined with cling film. Refrigerate until set.
4. Cut the strawberries in half and arrange over the cake with the other berries. Put a sprig of mint on the top.
5. Remove the chocolate from the freezer and break into shards. Dust with cocoa powder and icing sugar and arrange on the top of the cake. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe