- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the mint sauce
- 4 tbsp malt vinegar
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 3 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
For the mixed grill
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra
- 4 double loin lamb chops
- 4 beef sausages
- 4 slices veg roll, (a sausage, beef, herb and onion burger, specific to Northern Ireland)
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 100 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp creme fraiche
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
1. For the mint sauce: mix the vinegar and sugar together until the sugar dissolves then stir in the chopped mint. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and set aside.
2. For the mixed grill: heat the 2 tbsp olive in a large frying pan. Add the lamb chops and sear on a high heat on the fat side for about 1 minute until golden and crispy, then turn and sear the other side for 1 minute or until cooked. Remove from the pan.
3. Wipe out the pan, add a drizzle of olive oil and cook the sausages on medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes until well coloured all over. At the same time add the veg roll burgers and cook for 4 minutes on each side. Remove everything from the pan and keep warm.
4. While the sausages are cooking, heat another drizzle of oil in a clean pan and sauté the onions for 4-5 minutes until they are a rich golden brown colour. Stir in the tomatoes then season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
5. Drizzle more olive oil into a separate small frying pan, add the sliced mushrooms and fry for 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the creme fraiche and mustard.
6. Serve the veg roll with the mushrooms on top, the sausages with the onions and tomatoes on the side and the lamb chops with the mint sauce.
Rate This Recipe