- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 ribs of beef, Aberdeen Angus joint
- 1 pinches black pepper
- 2 Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 tbsp creamed horseradish
- 115 g butter
- 250 g French green beans
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp olive oil
1. Season the beef with salt and freshly ground pepper. Sear on a hot griddle pan until cooked to your liking, then set aside to rest, keeping warm.
2. Boil the potatoes in salted boiling water until tender; drain. Mash the potatoes; beat in the creamed horseradish, butter and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Bring a pan of water to the boil. Add the green beans and blanch for 1-2 minutes until just tender; drain and keep warm.
4. Mix together the Dijon mustard and olive oil. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and pour over the green beans making sure they are all coated.
5. Place a dollop of the mash on a plate. Slice the beef, lay it over the mash and serve the green beans on the side. Serve with onion gravy.
Rate This Recipe