- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow pepper, de-seeded and cut into thick strips
- 1 large red pepper, de-seeded and cut into thick strips
- 3 tinned anchovies
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 6 black olives
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp white wine vinegar
- black pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Once the oil is hot add the yellow and red pepper strips.
2. Fry the pepper strips, stirring often, until golden brown.
3. Add the anchovy fillets, garlic, olives and capers. Stir in the sugar, then add the vinegar and cook, stirring now and then, until evaporated.
4. Cook on a medium heat, stirring now and then, for about 5 minutes, or until the peppers are tender.
5. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper. Serve hot or cold
Rate This Recipe