- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 8 clove garlic
- half tsp sea salt
- half tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 150 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 egg yolks
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
1. In a large pestle and mortar, pound together the garlic, salt and pepper until smooth, adding a little olive oil from time to time to moisten the mixture.
2. Once the mixture has formed a smooth paste, add the egg yolks and pound again until they are completely amalgamated into the garlic mix.
3. Slowly add the remaining olive oil, as if making mayonnaise, until the emulsion is thick and smooth.
4. Beat in the lemon juice to taste and use as desired.
See lots more tapas recipes.
Rate This Recipe