- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus chilling time
- Effort: easy
- 100 g crusty white bread, 2-day old, sliced
- 125 ml milk
- 100 g whole blanched almonds
- 2-3 cloves garlic, halved
- 1-2 white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 500 ml cold water
- pinches salt
- small bunch mixed red and green seedless grapes, halved
1. Place the bread in a dish which will hold it in a single layer, and pour the milk over. Leave until the milk has been absorbed.
2. Transfer the soaked bread to a blender and add the almonds, garlic, vinegar, oil, salt and half the water. Process until smooth. Check the consistency and add more water until you get a soup-like consistency. Adjust the seasoning.
3. Chill the soup until very cold. Chill the grapes at the same time.
4. Serve the soup in chilled teacups or bowls, each one garnished with a small handful of grapes.
Rate This Recipe