- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the glaze
- 4 slices pancetta, roughly chopped
- sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tsp chopped sage leaves
- 1 X 330 ml bottle of ale
- 1 litres apple juice
- 250 g butter, diced
For the caramelised apples
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into wedges
- 75 g caster sugar
For the chops
- 6 pork chops
- mashed potato, to serve
1. For the glaze: fry the pancetta in a large pan until crisp. Add the herbs, ale, apple juice and stock (or pork trimmings).
2. Simmer until the liquid has reduced to one-quarter of its original volume - this will take at least 15-20 minutes.
3. Whisk in the butter, a couple of pieces at a time. Once the butter has all been incorporated, pass through a fine sieve into a clean pan. Set aside.
4. For the caramelised apples: cover the apples with the sugar in a frying pan and cook over a high heat until the apples turn golden-brown and caramelise. Set aside.
5. For the chops: season the chops with salt and pepper and place in a frying pan over a high heat. Fry for 6-8 minutes, or until cooked through. Drizzle over the glaze in the final couple of minutes of cooking time.
6. Serve the chops with the caramelised apples and mashed potato.
Rate This Recipe