- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 90 mins for rising
- Effort: medium
- 500 g strong bread flour
- 12 g salt
- 25 g fresh yeast
- 290 ml water
- 200 g lardons of bacon, cooked
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, roughly chopped
- 15 cherry tomatoes
- 30 g butter
- 150 g button mushrooms
- 40 ml olive oil
1. Mix the flour, salt, yeast and water in a bowl for 2 minutes.
2. Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes. Put the dough back into the bowl, cover with a cloth and let the dough rise for an hour.
3. Return the dough to the floured work surface and divide it into two.
4. Roll one half out and put into the prepared tray. Cover the dough with the bacon and eggs. Sprinkle the cherry tomatoes over the top.
5. Melt the butter in a frying pan over a moderate heat and fry the mushroom until soft. Scatter them over the top of the eggs and bacon.
6. Roll out the remaining dough and put it over the top of the breakfast ingredients.
7. Make indentations with your finger all the way along the top of the bread.
8. Set the oven to 200°C/gas 6. Brush the bread liberally with olive oil and leave to rise for half an hour.
9. Bake the bread for 20 minutes. Serve hot.
Rate This Recipe