- Serves: makes 6
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 rashers bacon
- 350 g self-raising flour
- 250 g grated cheddar or parmesan
- 1 pinches paprika, (optional)
- 1 handfuls spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 handfuls tomatoes, seeds removed and chopped
- 2 eggs
- 550 ml milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 6.
2. Fry the bacon until crisp. Chop into small bite sized pieces.
3. Mix together the flour and cheese. Season well with salt, pepper and a pinch of paprika. Stir in the spinach, tomatoes and bacon.
4. Whisk together the eggs with the milk. Pour into the dry ingredients and fold the mixture - but not too much. Over folding will ruin the texture of the muffins. The mixture doesnt want to be too wet, so its best to add the egg mixture bit by bit.
5. Spoon the mixture into the muffin tins and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Serve hot.
Rate This Recipe