- Serves: 6
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 30 g blanched flaked almonds, toasted and ground
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 egg yolk
- pinches strands saffron
- 200 ml olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Place the almonds and garlic in a pestle and mortar and grind until smooth.
2. Add the egg yolk and saffron and mix together
3. Slowly add the olive oil, in a thin steady stream, until the mixture has emulsified and thickened.
4. Stir in the lemon juice and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. This dip tastes great with fried fish, chicken and even French fries.
Rate This Recipe