- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes plus 1 hr refrigeration
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 g almonds, blanched, skin removed and ground
- 150 g rice flour
- 2.5 litres full-fat milk
- 8-10 tbsp sugar, to taste
- 3-4 strands saffron, steeped in 2 tbsp warm water
- 2-3 drops rose water
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- 8-10 sheets edible silver or gold leaf
- 3-4 dried rose petals, ground to a powder
- 2 tbsp toasted pistachio nuts, ground to a powder
1. Mix the ground almonds and rice flour with 500ml of the milk and set aside until required.
2. In a heavy-based saucepan, bring the remaining milk and sugar to the boil, then stir in the almond and rice mixture and simmer slowly for 10-15 minutes, until custard-like.
3. Add the saffron water, rose water and cardamom and mix well. Pour into individual serving dishes and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, until set.
4. To serve, remove the puddings from the refrigerator and garnish with gold or silver leaf, powdered rose petals and pistachio powder.
Rate This Recipe