- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- olive oil, for frying
- 800 g ling, haddock, hake or whiting, cut into small pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, diced, (or 3 large tinned plum tomatoes)
- 2 tbsp almonds, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- a few threads of saffron
- 500 ml white wine
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- cooked rice
1. Preheat the oven to 175C/155C fan/gas 4.
2. Place a frying pan over a medium-heat and add a glug of olive oil. Then place the pieces of fish in the pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 30 seconds on each side and transfer to a casserole dish.
3. Gently fry the onions in the same pan on a medium heat, then add the tomatoes. Cook for a further 5 minutes and transfer to the casserole dish.
4. Grind the almonds, garlic and saffron threads together in a pestle and mortar or electric grinder. Now stir into the casserole, followed by the white wine and 200-250ml of water.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
6. Garnish with the parsley and serve with rice.
Rate This Recipe