- Serves: makes 30 bite size pieces
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus setting time
- Effort: easy
For the bites
- 75 g whole almonds
- 75 g dried cranberries
- 75 g dried apricots, cut into cranberry size pieces
- 25 g desiccated coconut
- 50 g rice crispies
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 50 g dark brown sugar
- 50 g butter
For the icing
- 1 heaped tbsp wholemilk yogurt
- 200 g icing sugar, sieved
- 50 g cream cheese
1. For the bites: in a large bowl, mix together the almonds, cranberries, apricots, coconut and rice crispies.
2. Put the golden syrup, sugar and butter into a small saucepan, melt together and boil vigorously for about 1 minute. Pour over the dry ingredients and mix evenly through.
3. Before the mix has a chance to set, spoon generous bite size amounts onto a baking sheet covered with greaseproof paper. Leave aside to set.
4. For the icing: stir the yogurt into the icing sugar, then add the cream cheese. It will take some beating to get it smooth so don't give up.
5. Spoon the icing over the bites and leave to set.
Rate This Recipe