- Serves: Makes about 16
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- rice paper
- 175 g caster sugar
- 100 g ground almonds
- 1 tsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 16 pieces blanched flaked almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C/gas 4. Line a baking sheet with rice paper.
2. In a bowl, combine the caster sugar, ground almonds, flour and vanilla sugar.
3. Lightly whisk the egg whites and mix thoroughly with the sugar and almond mixture.
4. Using a teaspoon, spoon small heaps of the mixture onto the rice paper.
5. Press a piece of flaked almond into each macaroon.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, then leave to cool, before tearing away the excess rice paper.
Rate This Recipe