- Serves: 1
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus overnight soaking
- Effort: easy
- 1 handfuls almonds, peeled and soaked overnight in water
- 1 tbsp golden linseeds
- ½ ripe mango, or 1 ripe banana
- 2 handfuls mixed berries
Tips and Suggestions
Don't worry if you can't get hold of fresh berries frozen ones work well in smoothies, helping them thicken and chill.
Try swapping the almonds for cashew nuts for a creamy cashew nut milk smoothie. If nuts aren't your thing, you can also simply use natural live yogurt in place of the almonds.
1. Drain and rinse the almonds. Put them in the blender and add a little fresh water. Blend to make a smooth paste.
2. Add more water bit by bit and blend until you have a rich almond milk. If it's too thick, just add more water you're aiming for something with the consistency of its dairy counterpart.
3. Add the linseeds and fruit and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe