- Serves: 2
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 handfuls blanched almonds, preferably soaked overnight
- 250 ml water, or more, depending on how you like the consistency
- 2 tbsp golden linseeds
- 1 ripe mango, or 2 ripe bananas, roughly chopped
- 3 handfuls mixed summer berries, (choose from blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries etc if you cant get hold of fresh ones then frozen ones are fine)
Tips and Suggestions
Try swapping the almonds for cashew nuts for a creamy cashew nut milk smoothie.
If nuts aren't your thing, simply use natural live yogurt in place of the almonds
1. Drain and rinse the almonds. Put them in the blender and add a little water. Blend to make a smooth paste.
2. Add the remaining water bit by bit and blend until you have a rich almond milk. If it's too thick then just add more water - you're aiming for something with the consistency of its dairy counterpart.
3. Add the linseeds and fruit and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe