- Serves: 3
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: medium
- 50 ml low-fat peach yogurt
- 100 ml low-fat cream substitute, such as Elmlea
- 180 g filo pastry, thawed
- 50 g butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 6 large basil
- 3 peaches, halved, skinned and stoned
- 6 tbsp amaretto (almond liqueur)
- icing sugar, for dusting
Tips and Suggestions
Keep the thawed filo pastry covered with a clean damp cloth to prevent it from drying and becoming brittle.
To remove peach skins, blanch briefly in boiling water and then drain. The skin should slip off easily.
1. With an electric whisk, whip together the yoghurt and cream substitute until thick. Leave in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
3. Slice the filo pastry into six 10 x 10cm squares. Brush with melted butter.
4. Place a basil leaf in the centre of each square, followed by a peach half. Pour a tablespoon of Amaretto over each peach half.
5. Gather together the four corners of the filo and twist to create a parcel. Place on a lightly greased baking tray. Bake for 10-20 minutes until golden brown.
6. Dust with icing sugar, and serve immediately (two per person), with a spoonful of the chilled peach yoghurt and cream mixture.
Rate This Recipe