- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 ml milk
- 200 ml double cream
- 1 vanilla pod
- 3 egg yolks
- 55 g caster sugar
- 20 ml amaretto (almond liqueur)
1. In a heavy-based saucepan heat together the milk, double cream and vanilla pod.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together the yolks and caster sugar until well-blended. Whisk in the warm amaretto.
3. Pour half of the hot milk mixture into the egg mixture, whisking as you do so until well-blended.
4. Pour the egg mixture into the saucepan and mix with the remaining hot milk.
5. Over a very low heat, cook the mixture stirring until thickened into a smooth custard, taking care not to let the mixture curdle. Serve.
Rate This Recipe