- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 tsp ginger, finely chopped
- 4 tsp finely chopped zedoary
- 1 small green chilli, minced
- 6 tsp lemon juice
Tips and Suggestions
Zedoary is a member of the ginger family. The edible root has a bright orange interior and tastes similar to ginger but with a bitter aftertaste. In Indonesia it is ground to a powder and added to curry pastes, whereas in India it tends to be used fresh or pickled.
1. Mix all the ingredients and add a pinch of salt.
2. Put in an airtight jar and shake well to blend.
3. This will keep well for up to a month in the fridge.
4. Serve with rice and a mild curry such as a korma.
Rate This Recipe