- Serves: 8-10
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 60 g tinned anchovy fillets, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 shallots, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- handful of parsley, finely chopped
- 150 ml extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- . slices baguettes, or raw vegetablesuch as celery, carrot sticks, cucumber sticks, radishes, strips of fennel, strips of peppers, cherry tomatoes on sticks etc.
Tips and Suggestions
If you don't have a processor, take a good, sharp knife, mix all the solid ingredients and chop away patiently until they are virtually reduced to a mush. Place in a bowl, whisk in the olive oil and season with freshly ground black pepper.
1. To make the anchoiade, put all the ingredients except the olive oil in a processor, and switch on. Pour the oil into the blender in a steady stream, until it forms a thick cream. Season with freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe