- Serves: Makes about 300g
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 40 tinned anchovies, in oil (see cooks note below)
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled
- 75 ml olive oil
- 2 large sprigs savory or thyme, leaves picked from the stalks
- raw vegetable crudités, such as baby artichokes, fennel and tomatoes
- toasted baguettes, slices
Tips and Suggestions
Alex uses anchovies preserved in oil rather than in salt, as is traditional. However, if youre eating anchovies on their own, hed recommend the salted variety, quickly rinsed and served with lemon.
Anchoïade can be stored in the fridge, covered with more oil, for up to 1 month.
1 Blend all of the ingredients together to the texture that you prefer, either chunky or fine.
2 Serve with raw vegetable crudités and toasted baguette slices.
Rate This Recipe