- Serves: makes about 250 ml
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 175 g tinned anchovies
- 100 ml milk
- 3 tbsp oregano, or marjoram
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 lemons, juice only
- 175 ml extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp sun-dried tomatoes, in oil
Tips and Suggestions
This dressing works well with green and tomato salads, and makes a flavoursome dressing for char-grilled fish.
1. Soak the anchovy fillets in milk and leave on one side for 15 minutes, before draining and patting dry with absorbent paper.
2. Mash the anchovies, and combine with the herbs and garlic. Pound until smooth, using a mortar and pestle, and gradually pour in the lemon juice.
3. While still in the mortar, drizzle in the olive oil in a thin steady stream. Season with black pepper and fold in the sun-dried tomatoes.
Rate This Recipe