- Serves: 3
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the sole fillets
- 3 large sole fillets, (you could also use plaice or cod)
- 1 tsp finely chopped lemongrass
For the piperade
- 200 ml olive oil
- 1 small courgette, sliced diagonally and cut into diamonds
- 1 aubergine, sliced diagonally and cut into diamonds
- white sugar
- 1 red pepper, seeds removed and cut into diamonds
- 1 yellow pepper, seeds removed and cut into diamonds
- 1 green pepper, seeds removed and cut into diamonds
- 5 red cherry tomatoes
- ½ head garlic, cloves separated and peeled
- 4 large shallots, peeled and halved
- 4baby fennel, trimmed
- 500 ml tomato juice
- 1 vanilla pod
- 100 g sun-dried tomatoes
- 1½ star anise
- 10 basil
- handfuls black olives
- handfuls mixed fresh herbs
- black olives
- 100 ml truffle oil
- finely grated parmesan
1. To make the piperade: heat the olive oil in a pan.
2. Cook each of the vegetables and the garlic separately until soft, adding a little sugar with the aubergine,
3. Cook the shallots and fennel together, covered with a tight lid until soft.
4. Heat the tomato juice in a pan with the vanilla, sun-dried tomatoes, star anise, basil, thyme and olives and cook steadily until reduced by one-third.
5. Stir into the cooked vegetables.
6. To make the sole fillets: brush the sole fillets with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
7. Heat a frying pan and cook the sole with the lemongrass for about 2-3 minutes on each side, skin side upwards first. If the fillets are quite thick, they may require 4 minutes on each side. Remove the fish from the pan.
8. Mix a little of the piperade with a little olive oil and add to the pan. Cook until lightly browned and caramelized.
9. To serve: carefully arrange the vegetables on the plates and place a sole fillet on each plate with the vegetables.
10. Garnish with fresh herbs, olives, grated Parmesan and a splash of truffle oil.
Rate This Recipe