- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 220 g angel hair pasta
- olive oil, for frying and drizzling
- 1 handful chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1½ tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp truffle oil
- 40 g pecorino cheese, grated
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook until tender keep checking it to ensure it does not overcook. Drain the pasta saving a little of the cooking water.
2. Heat a little olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the mushrooms with the garlic and thyme until softened. Add the butter and truffle oil.
3. Stir in a splash of the pasta cooking water and sprinkling with some pecorino. Add salt and a generous amount of freshly ground pepper.
4. Tip the pasta into the mushroom pan and gently toss together. Divide evenly among two serving bowls. Top with the remainder of the pecorino and an extra drizzle of olive oil. Serve.
Rate This Recipe