- Serves: makes 1x450g jar
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 300 g carrots, grated
- 250 g caster sugar
- zest of 1 lemons, cut in strips
- juice of 1 large lemons
- 3 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
1. Place the grated carrot, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and cardamom pods into a heavy-based saucepan.
2. Heat gently, stirring often, until the sugar dissolves, then boil hard until the mixture thickens, around 45 minutes.
3. Once thickened remove from the heat, pour into warm, sterilised jars and seal tightly.
Rate This Recipe