- Serves: 2
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 2 days chilling
- Effort: easy
- 150 g bananas
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 4 medjool dates
- 200 g low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 small meringues, about 15-20g in total
- 3 tbsp toasted flaked almonds, plus extra to garnish
1. Peel and slice the banana. Place in a mixing bowl and squeeze a little lemon over it to prevent discoloration. Remove the stones from the dates, slice the flesh and add to the banana.
2. Add the yoghurt to the bowl and stir gently until the fruit and yoghurt are thoroughly combined. Cover with cling film and place in the fridge to chill for at least 2 days.
3. Just before serving, crush the meringue shell roughly and add most of it to the mixing bowl, reserving a little for decorating. Add the flaked almonds to the bowl and stir gently until the meringue and almonds are evenly distributed. Decorate with the remaining crushed meringue and almonds and serve chilled or at room temperature.
Rate This Recipe