- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 100 g cream crackers
- 50 g pine kernels
- 50 g mild English cheddar cheese
- 175 g butter
For the filling:
- 225 g hard blue cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- 55 ml single cream
- 1 English dessert apple
- 1 small Bramley apple
- grated zest and juice of 1/2 lemons
- lots of large mint leaves
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 50 g pine kernels, toasted
For the chutney:
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 50 g French green beans, blanched in boiling water then refreshed in cold
- 1/2 the white part of a leeks, thinly sliced
- a large handful of fresh mint, shredded
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5. Put the cream crackers and the pine kernels into a food processor. Process to a fine crumb.
2. Place the cream cracker mixture and the grated Cheddar in a mixing bowl and pour over the melted butter. Mix well.
3. Spread the Cheddar mixture evenly over an 18cm loose-based cake tin, pressing down firmly.
4. Bake for 10 minutes then set aside to cool.
5. Mash the blue cheese in a bowl and season with freshly ground pepper. Mix in the cream.
6. Peel the dessert and Bramley apples and grate them into a bowl. Mix in the lemon zest and juice.
7. Stir the apple mixture into the blue cheese mixture, seasoning with freshly ground pepper if necessary.
8. Spread the blue cheese mixture evenly over the baked base and set aside in a cool place for 30 minutes.
9. Meanwhile, make the chutney. In a bowl, mix together the cherry tomatoes, green beans and leek. Mix in the mint and toss with the balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
10. Overlap the mint leaves over the edge of the cheesecake, Repeat the process, going the other way around on the inside of the first mint leaf circle.
11. Just before serving, lightly oil the mint leaves with your fingertips. Pile the toasted pine kernels in the middle of the cheesecake.
Rate This Recipe