- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 400 g shortcrust pastry
- ice cream, to serve
For the filling:
- 50 g butter
- 450 g Jonagold apples
- 2 large mango, peeled, stoned and diced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- pinch of ground cloves
- pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
For the crumble mix:
- 200 g flour
- 70 g butter
- 100 g sugar
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/gas 3.
2. Roll out the pastry and use it to line 4-6 individual tartlet cases, each 10cm by 4cm. Prick the base of each tartlet case thoroughly.
3. Blind bake the cases for approximately 10-15 minutes until light brown. Remove and set aside to cool on a wire rack.
4. To make the filling, melt the butter in a frying pan then add the apple and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add the mango, cinnamon stick, ground cloves and nutmeg and cook for another 1 minute.
6. Meanwhile, prepare the crumble mixture. Rub the flour and the butter together in a mixing bowl until the mixture resembles crumbs. Stir in the sugar and nutmeg and place on a baking tray.
7. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5. Bake the crumble for 10 minutes turning occasionally.
8. Spoon the fruit filling into the pastry cases and top with the baked crumble mixture.
9. Bake the crumble tartlets for around 10 minutes, until golden brown.
10. Serve the tartlets with ice cream.
Rate This Recipe