- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the filling
- 675 g Bramley apples, peeled, cored and thickly sliced
- 675 g Cox's apples, peeled, cored and thickly sliced
- 12 plums, stones removed, quartered
- 25 g light muscovado sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp water
For the crumble
- 280 g self-raising flour
- 140 g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 140 g demerara sugar
- 70 g porridge oats
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4 and grease a 28 x 20 x 5cm baking dish with butter.
2. For the filling: put the apples and plums in the baking dish. Sprinkle over the sugar, cinnamon and water and toss together. Bake for about 10 minutes, until the fruits soften and their juices run. Remove the baking dish from the oven and increase the oven temperature to 200C/gas 6.
3. For the crumble: put the flour, butter and sugar in a food processor and blitz to combine. Remove the bowl from the processor and stir in the oats by hand as they need to remain coarse.
4. Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the fruit and bake for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with cream, ice cream or custard.
Rate This Recipe