- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 40 g butter
- 700 g Bramley apples, peeled, cored and cut into small chunks
- 2 tsp light brown sugar
- 50 ml cider or apple juice
- 1 tbsp sage leaves, finely chopped
1. Place the butter, apples, sugar, cider or apple juice in a saucepan and bring to simmering point.
2. Cover with a lid and cook for about 10-15 minutes or until the fruits have softened and are beginning to puree. Remove from the heat and stir in the sage.
3. The sauce can now be briskly stirred for a smoother finish or left fairly chunky.
Rate This Recipe