- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus at least 1 hr standing
- Effort: easy
- 450 g apples
- 4 tbsp brandy, or rum
- large pinch of ground cinnamon
- 50 g brown sugar
- 25 g butter
- 3 eggs
- 125 g self-raising flour
- 4 tbsp milk
- raspberry vinegar, to serve
- whipped cream, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas 7.
2. Put the apples, brandy and cinnamon in a bowl and leave for at least 1 hour.
3. Grease an ovenware dish with a little butter and put the apples and brandy in it. Sprinkle with the brown sugar and dot with the butter.
4. Beat the eggs, flour and milk together in a bowl until it forms a thick, smooth batter.
5. Pour the batter over the apple and bake for 35 minutes until the batter is crisp and golden.
6. Serve hot with raspberry vinegar and whipped cream.
Rate This Recipe