- Serves: 6
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 225 g unsalted butter, cut into cubes, plus extra for greasing
- 8 Bramley apples, peeled, cored and cubed
- zest of 1 oranges
- zest of 1 lemons
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- pinch of grated nutmeg
- 100 ml water
- 25 g milk powder
- 25 g ground almonds
- 25 g rolled oats
- 225 g plain flour
- 225 g dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- clotted or double cream, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. Grease the bottom of a deep baking dish with butter.
3. Place the apples in a mixing bowl with the citrus zests, caster sugar, nutmeg and water and stir to combine. Transfer into the prepared baking dish.
4. Place the powdered milk, almonds, oats, flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt in a food processor and pulse to blend together. Add the butter and continue to pulse until the mixture resembles a crumble.
5. Spoon the crumble mixture on top of the apples so that they are covered completely and bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes-1 hour, until the top is golden.
6. Serve the apple crisp hot or cold, with clotted or double cream.
Rate This Recipe