- Serves: 6
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the tart
- 40 g unsalted butter
- 60 g plain flour
- 60 g ground almonds
- 50 g demerara sugar
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 40 g pecans, chopped
- 3 Bramley apples
- 30 g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp calvados
- 1 ready-made pastry tart case
For the apple mascarpone
- 3 Coxs Orange Pippin apples
- dash lemon juice
- 25 g caster sugar
- 100 g mascarpone
- 100 ml double cream, lightly whipped
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Rub the butter, flour and ground almonds together, until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Add the demerara sugar, lemon zest and pecans and set aside.
3. Peel, core and chop the apples and transfer to a saucepan with 2 tablespoons of water. Add the caster sugar and cook for 15 minutes, until tender.
4. Add the calvados.
5. Transfer the cooked apples to a blender and blitz until smooth.
6. Spoon the apple puree into the base of the tart and scatter over the crumble mixture. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until golden brown.
7. Meanwhile, make the mascarpone cream. Peel core and chop the apples. Place them into a saucepan with the lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of water. Cover with a lid and cook for 10-15 minutes, until soft.
8. Transfer the apples to a blender and blitz until smooth. Set aside to cool.
9. Whisk the mascarpone cheese until smooth and fold in the whipped cream and apple puree. Sweeten with icing sugar if desired.
10. Serve the tart in slices, with a generous dollop of the apple mascarpone on the side.
Rate This Recipe