- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- oil, for deep frying
- 150 g self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 60 g caster sugar
- 175-200ml cider or apple juice
- 4 apples
- icing sugar, to dust
1. Heat the oil in a deep fat fryer or large saucepan to 180°C.
2. Cut out the core from the apples using an apple corer. Remove the top and bottom from the apples and then slice the apple into about 1cm thick slices.
3. To make the batter, sift the flour and cinnamon into a bowl and stir in the sugar. Whisk in enough of the cider or apple juice, giving you a thick coating batter.
4. Dip the apple slices into the batter and carefully drop into the hot oil. Do just a few at a time, to prevent them from sticking together. Fry for about 1-2 minutes until they are light golden brown and crispy.
5. Remove from the oil and drain on kitchen paper. Dust with a little icing sugar and eat straight away.
Rate This Recipe