- Serves: 2-4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 750 g apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 80 g caster sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- 80 ml double cream
- 1 large chelsea bun, 2 small hot cross buns, or a similar quantity of other fruited bread
1. Put the diced apples in a saucepan with 2 tablespoons of water, two-thirds of the sugar and most of the ground cinnamon. Cook over a medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes, or until the apples are very soft. Transfer to a food processor and blend to a purée. Set aside to cool completely.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add the remaining sugar and keep whisking until stiff peaks form. In a separate bowl, whip the double cream until soft peaks form.
3. Cut the chelsea bun into 1cm-thick slices and toast each slice on both sides on a hot griddle pan .
4. Gently fold the cooled apple purée into the egg whites, then fold in the cream until just combined.
5. Arrange the toasted chelsea bun slices in the bottom of a serving dish. Top with the apple snow and sprinkle with the last of the cinnamon, then serve in generous spoonfuls.
Rate This Recipe