- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the apple mixture
- 20 g butter
- 1 pinches cinnamon
- 0.5 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 apples
- 0.5 tbsp pecans
- 0.5 oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1 dashes of white wine
For the omelette
- 30 g butter
- 3 eggs, seperated
- 5 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp ready-made custard
- 1 tbsp icing sugar, for dusting
1. Heat the butter in a frying pan until foaming.
2. Add the cinnamon, sugar and apples and stir.
3. Add the nuts, orange and wine and simmer for four to five minutes, or until the apple is soft.
4. Whisk the egg whites until thick then add one and a half tablespoons of the sugar and continue to whisk until stiff.
5. Whisk the egg yolks with the remaining sugar then fold the yolks into the whites.
6. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Heat the butter for the omelette in an ovenproof frying pan on the hob until foaming.
7. Pour in the egg mixture and cook for two to three minutes.
8. Flip the omelette upside down on to a plate and then slide back into the pan to cook the other side.
9. Cook for a further one to two minutes, and then cut a slash down the centre of the omelette and scoop out some of the egg. Fill this hole with the apple mixture and cover with custard.
10. Transfer to the oven for two to three minutes. Serve with a dusting of icing sugar and eat at once.
Rate This Recipe