- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 Bramley apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2cm knob of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1.5 litres vegetable stock
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- crème fraîche, or cream
- cubes of marinated feta cheese, (from a jar)
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan and lightly cook the apples, ginger, onion and potatoes until they are softened, but not browned.
2. Add the stock and bring to the simmer. Cook for about 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are completely cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Pour into a liquidiser and blend until smooth.
4. Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary.
5. Serve in bowls with a dollop of crème fraîche or a swirl of cream, croutons or for something a little different, some cubes of marinated feta cheese.
Rate This Recipe