- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: medium
- 2 crisp eating apples
- juice of 1 lemons
- 425 g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
- 4 small pieces cinnamon sticks
- 100 g caster sugar
- 60 g unsalted butter
For the caramel sauce:
- 150 g caster sugar
- 250 ml double cream
1. Peel, core and halve the apples. Put in a bowl of water with the lemon juice to prevent them going brown.
2. Cut four circles from the puff pastry, slightly larger than the apples. Prick the pastry with a fork. Place a piece of cinnamon stick in the groove of each piece of apple. Wrap in the puff pastry circles, sealing well.
3. Divide the sugar and then the butter between four small individual frying pans or cast-iron baking dishes. Place an apple parcel on top. Leave to rest in the fridge for 20 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6.
5. Place the frying pans on the hob over high heat until the butter and sugar begin to caramelise.
6. Place the pans in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is golden brown.
7. Meanwhile, make the caramel sauce.. Heat the sugar in a heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat, until golden brown. Stir in the cream and simmer for a few minutes.
8. Turn out the apple parcels on to serving plates and serve with the caramel sauce.
Rate This Recipe