- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- knob of butter
- 2 Bramley apples, peeled, de-cored and cut into even chunks
- 7 tbsp caster sugar
- 5 Italian sponge fingers
- 2 tbsp cider brandy
- 12 tbsp custard
- 2 egg whites
- pinches ground cinnamon
1. Melt a knob of butter in a pan and add the apples. Sprinkle over 4 tablespoons of the sugar and cook for 5 minutes, or until the apples are soft.
2. Puree the apples with a stick blender and set aside to cool.
3. Break up the sponge fingers into 2 serving glasses. Splash over the cider brandy.
4. In a glass place some broken up sponge fingers over this pour a little cider brandy. Pour over the custard.
5. Whisk the egg white to soft peaks and add the remaining 3 tablespoons of caster sugar. Continue whisking until stiff and glossy. Gradually whisk in the cooled apple purée.
6. Spoon the apple mixture into the glasses. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon and serve.
Rate This Recipe