- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 kg floury potatoes, such as King Edwards or Maris Pipersuch as Maris Piper or Desiree
- 3-4 tbsp apple sauce, or more if you prefer a more pronounced apple flavour
- 30 g butter
- flakes sea salt
- nutmeg, freshly grated
- splash of milk, or cream if needed
1. Peel, halve and cook the potatoes boiling salted water for 15-20 minutes, or until they are tender.
2. Drain the potatoes and mash well. Stir in the apple sauce, butter, salt and a good grating of nutmeg. If the potatoes seem dry, add a splash of milk or cream. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe